- 05-Jun-2014 to 28-Jan-2015 (EST)
- Risk Assessment & Toxicology
- Calgary, AB, CAN
- Full Time
SLR is an environmental consultancy that specializes in the energy, mining & minerals, waste management, planning & development, infrastructure and industrial sectors. SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
As an employee controlled company, in which many of our staff have a share, SLR offers rewarding careers to all of its staff and values and rewards customer care and commitment as well as technical expertise. SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages.
For more information, please visit http://www.slrconsulting.com.
SLR has an immediate requirement for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical, client service and people skills to join our operations in Calgary, Alberta.
SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages.
- Provide senior leadership including mentorship of team members
- Management of projects, preparation and review of technical reports
- Liaison with clients, subcontractors and regulatory agencies
- Development of budgets and financial acumen ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Development of new business in Alberta
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years experience (Intermediate) or 10 years experience (Senior) in contaminated sites and risk assessment work and possess strong written, leadership, organizational, technical and communication skills
- Experience in upstream oil and gas and/or mining would be a definite asset
- Knowledge in both human health and ecological risk assessment would be an asset
- Experience in federal or provincial environmental risk assessment
- Project Management experience
- Degree in aquatic and/or terrestrial biology or ecology, chemistry, toxicology or other related science degree
- Professional registration or the ability to obtain registration in Alberta
- Knowledge of regulatory jurisdiction(s) would be desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to travel